Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Joy and Peace Riding the Roller Coaster!

The Lord continues pouring out blessings on me and taking away from my life here... Something the Lord continues to press upon my heart is seek My presence!! I am here and you will find peace and joy in me! 
"Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God's peace which exceeds anything you can understand.  His peace will guard yourhearts and mind as you live in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7

Some of the ways I find joy in my time right now...
Meet the Leggs! They are a family with triplet five year olds that I've spent a lot of my time with throughout this season of life.  I love these kids and this family.  I have an interesting connection to them from deep family connections but just came to know them through babysitting for them this year.  But these children provide such joy and life to my heart!  Its always an adventure spending time with three five year olds.  I've found myself playing monopoly more than I ever thought possible and make believe horse games!  This past Friday I spent all morning with them dressing their stuffed animals and setting up a huge wedding with the little girls while making sound effects for Luke skywalker and Aniken's flight over the processional. This is just a little glimpse into this part of my life!!

Another sweet time I've enjoyed the past few weeks is visiting with close friends.... 



God's blessed me in so many ways with the women He's placed in my life.  Two weeks ago my friend Jo came to visit and we spent time enjoying God's creation and talking about life while climbing up and over rocks with her twin Juls.  Then ended the evening doing our own creating, making a new recipe for homemade portabella pizzas!  We were pretty nervous but jumped right in and they turned out delicious!! If you'd like to try as well you can google Portabella pizza.  They're delicious and healthy! 
 


And I had another present this weekend...
  My best friend was able to come stay the night with me and we enjoyed our favorite foods together!  I went to the mexican market and bought us some platanos (plaintains)which was wonderful to be able to speak spanish and step into another world for a few short minutes!    But back to my visit with mi gemela.  We both share a love for Latin America and love plaintains so it was a wonderful way to share this love together and look forward to where God's taking me.  It was so wonderful to be able to just be in the same place and catch up on life!  We usually do silly things and cooking together so it was wonderful to be able to relive one of our favorite past times when we lived together. 
 

I'm continuosly overwhelmed by the way God gives me little gifts of joy and love throughout this tough roller coaster.  This weekend I also spent wonderful time with friends in Knox-vegas going to Cedar Springs Mission Conference to hear Tim Keller, author for The Reason for God and much more.  He presented a series on How we can share the gospel to the world?  I really enjoyed the two talks I was able to attend.  Keller outlined how we are called to missions in life where ever we are not just to go on trips and into different areas.  I really enjoyed his talk on how to live your faith in the work place by loving people you are surrounded by at work.  The other session I was able to attend focused on how to evangelize which he pointed out our purpose to declare in action and word.  There is a lot of wonderful teachings if you'd like to hear more you can listen to the talks at http://www.cspc.net/global/gmc.shtm.

"Let the message about Christ, in all its richness fill your lives"  Colossians 3:16

After a big week of blessings through contacting people I am at 91 % of my One Time budget and about 80% of my annual budget with $600/ month to go! I am praying to be in Costa Rica before April 16th so that I will be able to get to know kids at our week long service project.  Please join me in praying and trusting the Lord's provision and perfect timing!   

"Lord, You will give us peace; all we have accomplished is really from you." Isaiah 26:12

2 comments:

  1. : ) this made me cry. awesome I am already getting emotional. maybe I should take some counseling on dealing with you leaving as well (seriously). I am so glad you have had so many wonderful people around you lately (not to mention yours truly, princesa...haha jk) but seriously I am so excited for you and just as excited to come visit you- Kristen and I were actually talking today about how we can't wait to come visit the Tica. LOVE YOU and thanks for letting me share time with you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah counseling is in the works... I would LOVE for you all to come visit!! So glad I got to see you and can't wait to see you in the burg!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete