Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Humbly stand before you... Trust me

I am humbly standing (metaphorically) before you asking for prayers.  Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement since my last email but I hate to inform you my last message is no longer accurate.  

Yesterday afternoon, I spoke with my coach (YL staff) and sent him my data to run through our system that checks to see if I have all the funding necessary for me to leave.  Well I received a message back with several questions and line items to be sorted.  It is a very complicated situation, but the reality is that as of now I can not get on my plane in 2 weeks.  I have committments for my entire first year and more than enough one time gifts, but I have 3 pretty significant gifts that are only for my 1st year.  This leaves me still in need of roughly $4,000 for my 2nd and 3rd year.  I understand and trust that the staff want me to be completed funded for all 3 years but was praying that these 3 gifts would continue for the remaining 2nd and 3rd year. 

So where does this leave me.... Well last night was a very discouraging, frustrating, and disappointing evening.  I found myself helpless and searching for answers.  One of the greatest things I've learned through this process is that we don't always have answers or understand. (most of the time!)  As I woke up this morning, I didn't want to get out of bed to this reality when yesterday deep down I thought I was done with this process.  But these are the words Jesus spoke to me....

"I AM TAKING CARE OF YOU. Trust me at all times.  Trust me in all circumstances.  Trust me with all your heart.  When you are weary and everything seems to be going wrong, you can still utter these words, I trust you, Jesus.  By doing so, you release matters into My control, and you fall back into the security of My everylasting arms"  - Jesus Calling

Proverbs 3:5, Deuteronomy 33:27 and Jeremiah 29:11-14

Wow, how God blows me away literally every day!! Yesterday I was at the top of a roller coaster and by 7 pm I had plumeted to the deep dark ocean!  I don't know what the Lord has for me in this or where he's leading me, but I am humbly asking for prayers for motivation, strength and courage in the task before me. Also, if there is anyone you feel the Lord is laying on your heart to invite into this ministry please let me know!! I am at the end of my contacts and looking for where God wants me to go. 

In His arms,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment