That's exactly what this week was, a sweet time with wonderful people! I just returned from my week in SC seeing old friends from college at Homecoming, visiting partners in ministry, and meeting with potential partners in ministry. It was such a refreshing week spending quality time with so many people I love and care about. I also made a trip down to Aiken, SC on Monday to meet with a wonderful couple who are on YL committee there, and spent the entire day in a church for the YL banquet. I pulled up at 2 pm for set up and we did not leave until 10 pm. It was so great to see some of the girls I took to Frontier this summer and visit with leaders and family whom I've gotten to know there. One of my favorite things about the banquet was a time where two high schoolers shared what Young Life meant to them. They each had unique stories that showed how impactful relational ministry is. It was a great reminder to hear God's work in the ministry and how big the vision truly is.
A fun highlight of the trip was Halloween, because I was able to be goofy with my best friend again. We decided even though we're old and can't trick or treat any more, we would dress up silly and enjoy the evening anyways. So we put on a hodge podge of her clothing and our 3-d movie glasses to begin our evening. We both love dressing up and frequently did so in college just to spice up a dull evening. We then decided we had to carve a pumpkin because it was Halloween. So we drove and bought a pumpkin and carved it to look like a Troll, a nickname we were given our freshman year. A fun filled evening wouldn't be complete without yummy treats! So we made caramel apples and roasted our pumpkin seeds!
This is our Troll!
God really blessed my week and provided 4 meetings while I was in SC. Please join me in praying that God will lead those who have expressed interest in being part of the ministry to give as God would have them. Stay tuned for more of my journey...

Love it! So glad you had a successful trip & super pumped we got to spend some quality time together! Un dia nuestros niños van a mirar a nuestras fotos y reeeiiiiirrrr.
ReplyDelete