After three and half months, I have decided to create a blog following my journey while raising support on staff for Young Life in Costa Rica. I will be posting happenings in my life to keep you updated along my journey.
Its been a long haul so far, and I still have a long way to go. God's blessed me in numerous ways and continues to surprise me everyday! I am at 40 % of my annual budget and 47% of my one time expenses. I am so excited to see God's provision for the remainder. I am fully confident that He will provide in His timing. In the mean time, God is stretching my heart and pushing me to trust Him more everyday. I think the theme of this season of my life has definitely become TRUST in all aspects. It can be a scary thing. I would like to share a story sent from a fellow Young Life member in Costa Rica about a girl who felt the same way.
Desiree is a Costa Rican whose dad is a retired race car driver, and mom is a lawyer. She's always seemed like she had it all together - out-going and friendly. She did okay in school and was involved in humanitarian and drama clubs at school. About a year and a half ago, Desiree pulled into herself and out of the high school scene. Her dad had been diagnosed with cancer and not given a good prognosis. Not knowing how to tell her friends that she was hurting, she kept it all inside. Desiree came on our Service Project last year because her dad wanted her to come. She had been missing at Young Life club since the diagnosis but no one knew what was going on - just that something was wrong. The first night of the Service Project Desi begged her leader to allow her to skip out on the talks - she couldn't handle listening about a God that is loving and good. That night she had a one on one cabin time under the stars outside her hotel room, and she finally shared her hurt and cried with someone else. Night two, she decided that she could sit in cabin time as long as she didn't have to talk. Night three, she lashed out at the girls in her cabin with all the anger she'd held inside for so long. The leaders were hurting watching her hurt so badly. On the last night of the service project, students were offered the opportunity to finish the sentence, "God is..." Desiree spoke clearly and boldly when she said, "God is hope."
I am so incredibly grateful that God has placed us in a position where we can offer a hurting teen hope. God has called us to reach the nations, and I believe by working in the International schools, we have a wonderful opportunity to truly impact nations among the world by touching lives of youth of great potential to be world leaders. Thank you again for joining this vision with me and if you can think of anyone else I can share this vision with please send me their contact information.
I so thankful for your partnering with me in this journey and I plan to continue updating you as time passes.
Bendiciones (blessings in Spanish)
Welcome to the blog world! love you & can't wait to keep up with your adventures
ReplyDeleteso proud of you friend!! steven picked something up for you at the boat show today. love and miss you
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work honey. We love you and are so proud of you! Dad
ReplyDeleteI'm following you hurrrrr!! :) Love you al. Praying for you always!
ReplyDelete