Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Take a walk with me... My new walk after 1 year and 6 months...

Well I've now been in Costa Rica for a year and half!! 
In my earlier months here, I shared my walk to school with you and now I'd like to share my new walk to Country Day School where I spend many hours with my high school friends. This walk is such a blessing to me in seeing God's beauty and people.  I often listen to music and pray along my walk to prepare my heart for loving the students.  I'd love for you to enjoy one of my favorites that I listen to on my walk by pressing play below before you scroll down.   


Let's start of walking down my drive way to the gate where Macki waits to try to escape! 
Then we head down the hill to cross the two little yellow bridges and the creek.  Often greeted by small street dogs barking at my ankles or the little old man working in his wood shop. 

We continue on down the hill to see the beautiful city view and the small farms to our right.  I often greet the cows grazing or the geese squawking   
Macki often follows me without my consent :) 
Then we head right down the main street and say hello to Rafa the butcher shop owner.  
Try hard not to get hit by a bus or car on the way down... 
Then we turn left here at the Coca Cola sign... 

Turn right again to go down the hill a little further and look to see if the little old man selling fruit is out to say hello!  We exchange a "hello how are you?  May you go well!"  "Hola, Como le va?  Que le vaya bien!"  

Pass by the carpenter's house and see what he's working on today... 
Then the mechanic's house... turn left...
We cross another little bridge and look at the creek... 
And we've reached the walls of CDS!! This is the perimeter now...
Check and see who's working in the art room today... 
Turn right at the stop sign.... 
We've made it!! 
We have to go check in with the guard and he'll give us a pass to enter the school!! 
Welcome to Country Day School !! Home of the Panthers!! 


Well thank you for taking that journey with me.  I love that I get to take this walk so often now due to God's opening up so many more doors for me to be on campus.  Please pray for our time with students leading them in bible studies, art projects, and running practices.  And most of all I pray that students would see Christ as we spend time with them and would be drawn to His love and light.

"We loved you so much that we shared with you not only God's Good News but our own lives, too." 
1 Thessalonians 2:8



2 comments:

  1. Pretty day for a walk! Thanks for sharing Alex!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the walk! It made me wish I was still in CR. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete