I am with you…. I am with you.... I am with you...
Don't we just need to hear that sometimes... And often more than once. Well God’s continuously reminded me of this truth and the promise of His
presence this month. Life’s been pretty
busy and at times felt like I was in a raft in the middle of the ocean during a
storm with waves crashing all around me, but then there’s this still calm voice
saying I’ve got you... I am with you…. And that’s what God promises us. He promises to always be with us no matter
where we are or what life brings… So I want to share with you some of the truths
the Lord’s spoken to me this month that’s kept me going even when I’ve felt
beat up by the waves of life.
In Matthew 28:20, Jesus tells his disciples before he leaves
earth, “And be sure of this: I am with you always,
even to the end of the age.” Here Jesus promises to be with us even to the
END of the AGES!!
![]() |
| Meredith and I |
Throughout the Old Testament, men are called to what seems
like impossible tasks or life plans.
Moses was one of those men and he questioned the Lord’s calling on his
life, but God assured him that he had it under control and the he would be with
him. I often feel this way in the lives
of kids I get to be part of… I ask God “Who am I to love and lead these kids…
Who am I to be in this International community?” but he says…. I AM WITH YOU!!!
I WILL BE WITH YOU!!
Exodus 3:11-12
But Moses protested to God,
“Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out
of Egypt?” God answered, “I will be
with you…...”
Exodus
33:13-14 If it is true that you look favorably on me, let me know your ways
so I may understand you more fully and continue to enjoy your favor. And
remember that this nation is your very own people.” The Lord replied, “I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you.”
| Rave Young Life Club!! |
God says something
similar to Jacob in a dream when he’s calling him to his life purpose. Genesis 28:15 “What’s more, I
am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you
back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you
everything I have promised you.”
God promises to not only be with us, but to not
leave us until He’s finished all that He’s promised us.
| Lau and Dania, two of my Campaigner's girls |
| AASCA Basketball Tournament with a lot of our Young Life student leaders and kids who played!! |
So in the midst of feeling beat up by the storm of life with
waves crashing, and crashing… I was also reminded of the HOPE we have in God
and how that is our anchor to keep us still.
If our hope is in Christ and future with Him we will always be
secure. I hope that lives in this community will be changed by the love of Christ.
Hebrews 6:18-19
So God has given both his promise and his oath.
These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie.
Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we
hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and
trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s
inner sanctuary.
I read Jesus Calling every morning and many of these verses
were from it but here’s a little excerpt that really spoke to me one morning….
“Put more energy into
trusting me and enjoying My Presence.
Don’t let your well being depend on your circumstances. Instead, connect
your joy to My precious promises: I am with you and will watch over you
wherever you go. I will meet all your needs according to My glorious riches. Nothing
in all creation will be able to separate you from My Love” – Jesus Calling
Romans 8:38-39 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate
us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not
even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in
the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever
be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus
our Lord.
Reality is NOTHING can separate us from God’s love or His
presence because He is always with us whether we acknowledge Him or not…
| Jeni, my mentor and friend and her son Lucas, which means light, are a beautiful picture of HOPE |
I hope this has been of some encouragement to you wherever
in life you are or whatever you’re going through. I hope that you know that God is always with
you and that nothing can separate you from his love. Satan often using fear or discouragement to
bring us down but God proclaims,
“I have called you back from the
ends of the earth,
saying, ‘You are my servant.’
For I have chosen you
and will not throw you away.
Don’t be afraid, for I am with
you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am
your God.
I will strengthen you and help
you.
I will hold you up with my
victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41:9-10
| San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua |
This month I also had the opportunity to go to Nicaragua for our International Schools Latin America staff retreat and there I was reminded of God's heavenly light shining upon us.
"Open your heart and mind to receive My Heavenly smile of approval. Let my gold-tinged love wash over you and soak into the depths of your being. As you are increasingly filled with My Being you experience joyous union with Me: I in you and you in Me. Your joy-in-me and My Joy- in- you become intertwined and inseparable. I suffuse your soul with Jy in My presence, at My right hand there are pleasures forevermore." -Jesus Calling
We must remember
and praise for who He is and His promised presence.
Psalm 16:7-8 -I will bless the Lord who guides me;
even at night my heart
instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for he is
right beside me.
No wonder my heart is glad, and
I rejoice.

.jpg)

Love it Alex! You are an inspiration to us all. Praise god that he is always with us... Where would we be without him?!?!
ReplyDelete