Friday, March 30, 2012

Joy in Your Presence- Month Full of Gifts!!

 God’s blessed me with so many gifts this month in so many different ways!! Read all the way to the bottom to hear the biggest one of all!! 
I’m loving living in Escazu and one of my favorite days of the week is Saturday, because I get to go to the Feria!! I buy all my produce fresh for the week for $10-20 depending on how hungry I am. J  Also, this month we celebrated the Festival de Boleros which is when all the local farmers bring their oxen out in tradition carts and parade around town.  I loved it because it reminded me how relationally built this community is with all the families in the streets celebrating!  It was neat cultural experience for sure!  

 This month I’ve finally found a church home here thanks to my friend Miguel.  It’s a small church that’s just getting started but has a wonderful community and I was able to go to Miguel’s baptism a few weeks ago!  Miguel is our newest volunteer leader and will be accompanying us on our trip to El Salvador tomorrow morning!!
 Please pray for him as he leads our boys this week!!
 
Celebrating Migue!
Some other fun highlights of the month were some awesome YL clubs!! Progressive Dinner Club, Donut Club and Senior Citizen Club!! And every few months we have city wide Vida Joven clubs and this month was the dance to celebrate Vida Joven’s birthday!! I spent the night dancing away with our Capernaum kids!  It was a blast!!
Just eating YL style with Colonel Sanders! 

Girls donut tower

Opal and Oscar hosted Senior Citizen Club! 

Boys of course used their creative sides and built a wrestling rink
Dancing the night away!! 

SURPRISE!!! I got to hang out with Kasey Netherton in Costa Rica!! Kasey was one of my Young Life girls for the 4 years I was in Spartanburg and she came down on a medical service project for her spring break!  It was such a sweet and special gift to get to catch up on life and hear how she's doing. Its such a gift to be able to walk with girls as they turn to women following the Lord.  

Kasey and I reunited in Costa Rica!!!
Fun night at the local Art Festival!!

Final gift of the month... You don't want to miss this... I FINALLY FOUND A HOME!!! Thank you Jesus and you all for all your prayers!! It is perfect! I couldn't ask for a better place!!  Stay tuned for photos after the move!! I will be moving the week after our Service Project! Please keep our team in your prayers this week as we leave in the morning for El Salvador to serve with Habitat for Humanity alongside our high school friends.  Pray for safety and that kids would see Jesus in a new way!  Have a blessed Semana Santa, Holy Week!! Its a huge celebration here and I love it!

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right.  Psalm 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment