Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mi Casita Nueva!!

Happy One Year!! 
"Taste and see the Lord is good. Oh the joys of those who take refuge in him!"  Psalm 34:8

God blessed me with the best one year gift!!  Welcome to my new home!!! 

I found this precious little home on Craiglist late one night that I was up so anxious about my old living situation.  After several grueling months last fall searching and searching for a place to live in the area I work, Escazu and finally moving into an old teammates house in November for a temporary solution.  It became absolutely necessary for me to move out in February with many changes on my team.  So late that night about 1 am, I emailed about 12 different people.  Then ran up and down all the streets around my house looking for signs "se aquila" (for rent) on windows and telephone poles for a couple of weeks.  Then one Saturday evening I was at an art festival with some friends and recognized a woman's name in the back of a journal.  I asked the women working the booth who Carmel was and they began to tell me she's the artist.  We made the connection and realized I was going to see her apartment the following Tuesday.  I knew after that conversation that God was saying I'm providing you with the best place and HE DID!! I couldn't be more thankful for such a wonderful gift to me and my YL team.  It's already become such a refuge for me and a place for my team to gather.  Thank you for all your faithful prayers that led to this blessing.  I have a series of photos of my first moving in and after making it "Mi Casita" (My little house). 
Mr. Beans my new pal... loves to break in my porch and chill out.

Moving in....









my other buds... Machi and Rover

After decorating.... Mi Casita!! 










I wake up so thankful everyday for this little refuge that is my home.  I've learned so much about myself during this year and having a "home" is a must for me.  I love being able to retreat here and spend quality time with the Lord.  Thank you again for your many prayers that made this happen!

2 comments:

  1. Ale.... It's adorable! So glad you have that space that can be called home for you :) so important for sanity!!! Yayyyyyy see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. que linda!!!! i'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete