 |
| Waterfall, in the shape of a heart, new hike with friends |
The title of this blog is not my own, but actually comes from a wonderful book, I finally finished this week, called O
ne Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. This book has impacted my outlook on life a great deal. The overall premise of the book is to have a life of gratitude in all times and all circumstances. Then from cultivating this heart of gratitude towards God outflows abundant joy and contentment. Ann Voskamp started this journey by simply listing what she was thankful for from God. She challenged herself to make a list of 1000 gifts from God.
I personally was extremely challenged by this book and I am still daily fighting to live this way. Since trying to look at everything in life as a gift from God, I've found myself much more content and trusting of the Lord no matter what the situation holds.
 |
| The beautiful mountains of Costa Rica |
Eucharisteo- is a Greek word that Ann uses throughout her book coming from Luke 22:19-" and he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it up to them...." This word literally means "he gave thanks" but
eucharisteo also has the rootword
charis, meaning "grace." "But it also holds its derivative, the Greek word
chara, meaning "joy." A Greek word that might make the meaning of everything?" In this one word holds the whole meaning of life, life to the full.
 |
| Celebrating Jessie's birthday as a team |
I have found so myself so much more joyful and content in many difficult and unexpected situations when I turn to the Lord in thanksgiving rather than complaining. The book challenges you to see God's gifts and blessings in all circumstances. I'm not going to lie I had a really tough day a few weeks ago and in the midst of it was praying and looking for the good in it and after the 4th really tough situation I shouted out "Jesus I'm really trying here... I'm trying to see the gifts in this!!" I can laugh about it now, and I'm sure He was then, but it was a super frustrating, trying day.
 |
| Mammaw, Betty Ridenour, went to be with Jesus this month at 97 |
I hope this can encourage you in wherever life finds you. I have put a few photos of some of the gifts the Lord's blessed me with this month. Hope you enjoy and check out
One Thousand Gifts!
 |
| One of the three crosses that overlook the city that I get to see daily! |
 |
| Valentine's Day Tea with YL girls! |
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
beautiful post! very thankful for you my dear!
ReplyDelete