Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Accion de Gracias! Thankfulness....

In Spanish the name for Thanksgiving is "Dia de Accion de Gracias" which literally translates to the "day of action of thank you".  I like the way in Spanish it is action.  I think we often forget to take the step of actually thanking God for all that He gives us. I know I too often take it for granted.  I want to take a moment to thank God publically because I have a lot to be thankful for this November!

I am so grateful to be in Costa Rica and for the community God's provided for me here.  It's been a rough 6 months leading up to now but God's stood right with me.  
I am so thankful for....
My family and friends who've stood by myside throughout this roller coaster of a year
The provision, protection, love and grace God's shown me this year
My family and friends who make it possible for me to love on international kids
My Young Life team and all their support 


Silly outfits and games that break down walls to open kids hearts to hear the Gospel
Andrew, my boyfriend, having the opportunity to come visit and see my new world and share Thanksgiving together!

Growing closer to YL kids through Wyld Life Camp


Highlights of Camp
Spent the whole weekend with our high school friends serving on Work Crew helping clean and prep everything for camp so the middle schoolers could fully experience the love of God!

I was part of program at camp with Sydney as Beatrice and Barb, Best Friends since the Spelling Bee of 93!


We saved camp from big bad Rex, Olen one of our high school leaders, at the end breaking a record catching more than 22 ice cream scoops!  

Thanksgiving Tico Style!! 
All the staff and friends joined together at our regional director's house to share what we were thankful for and to offer thanksgiving to Our Ultimate Provider! Below are a few pics of the fun evening mixing cultures, including Kevin, our regional director, telling the Thanksgiving story in Spanish!  
 





I am so thankful for each one of you being in my life and I pray that God will bless your giving to His kingdoms work.  

"I thank my God everytime I think of you"  Philippians 1:3




No comments:

Post a Comment