Sunday, October 30, 2011

God's Time is Prime Time

YL Leaders ready for skit "If I were not in YL..."
I am learning more and more how everything is out of my hands and in God's timing alone and that in His timing it will be perfect!

As you've read over my past newsletters, my Young Life team has been facing some push back and difficulties with the administration of one of our YL schools.  It's been a challenging month with a lot of unknowns and frustrations, but at the same time has moved us to only look to God for His guidance and wisdom.  We've prayed over the past couple of months for CDS administration and their favor while not seeing many results, but we continued praying and guess what?!

GOD WORKED IT OUT!  Of course,  I find it comical how so often I pray for things then am utterly surprised when God actually works them out, what little faith I have...  I pray that one day I will not be surpised by God's faithfulness.
 Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.  Psalm 36:5 

 O LORD God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you. Psalm 89:8

  So to catch you up my team leader, Jessie, met with the director of the school over a week ago and he was very interested in YL and wanted to hear all about our history and purpose.  The meeting ended with us fully understanding where the administration's point of view and clear guidelines on how we can interact with kids on school campus! Although, the director reinforced the fact that we are not allowed to hang out after school without a "purpose" in the administrations eyes, he did approve us hosting a bible study on campus during lunch every week!!!!!  This is huge!!!
Leaders Sydney and Nicki walking it out with two of
our hard sought after students who are the ambassardor's kids 

This is the first year YL has truly held a bible study, what YL calls Campaigners, and now we are offering it to kids on their school campus at a time that they are fully available!! So this Thursday, we started our first Campaigners, bible study, on campus at Country Day School!!  This will allow us to open the Word of God and discuss real life with students each week during their lunch break.  I pray that other students that usually don't come to YL will be led to come and be intrigued by this group.  I am also praying for courage and boldness for our student leaders to make this social risk leaving their lunch tables each week to go talk about God.  I pray that our students would really catch a vision for their school and have hearts for their friends in the hallways to come to know Jesus.   This is such an answer to prayer and I am so thankful for each of your prayers in this process.  We still have a long way to go but I fully trust and see that God has it in His hands and has BIG plans for YL International!!
Skyler Got PIED!
INCOGNITO!! Our biggest Wyld Life event of the year!! This is a great time with our middle school friends! We had around 70 middle schoolers running through the mall in groups looking for our secret agents "incognito."  Then we finished the evening with Jessie sharing how much Jesus loves them and knows them even though they may feel invisible to people around them. 



This was my group of girls at Incognito! 
Can't forget about home...  ROCKY TOP YOU'LL ALWAYS BE HOME SWEET HOME TO ME!!
Who knew I'd move to Costa Rica and one of my teammates, Sydney, would be from Maryville, TN right outside of Knoxville!!  Although, she spent her later years in TN she's a die hard Bama fan... "I hate I hate Alabama...." So needless to say, we spent last Saturday cheering on our teams as they battled it out on the football field!! We went to a friend's place to watch it on TV but quickly learned that ESPN is different in other countries and still had to watch it on the computer... It was such a fun day and enabled us to celebrate our home teams together as Bama beat the Vols!!  So thankful for my wonderful teammates! 



Celebrating Halloween doing the Thriller dance at YL club!!


This last photo was taken at one of my favorite spots in San Jose, Robin's Cafe.  Robin's Cafe is popular spot for our YL team and we meet their often sometimes unplanned.  We all frequent it so much that we often run into each other on Robin's porch.  This is such a special place not just because its a neat coffee shop but because Robin is one of our YL committee members. She is actually not only a committee member but a long standing YL rock for the international community in Costa Rica.  Robin was one of the first moms who started praying for Yound Life to come to Costa Rica in the International community many years ago.  But the sad news is that Robin's Cafe unfortunately closed this Saturday.  Robin had to make the tough decision financially to revert back to made to order goodies after having financially struggles keeping the cafe open.  I am pretty heartbroken that my favorite spot is now gone but would like you to join me in praying that Robin will be blessed with God's provision as she makes this move.  She loved the cafe but it was time to close the doors and put the shop up for rent.  


"My heart has heard you say 'Come and talk with me' and my heart responds, 'Lord, I am coming'" Psalm 27:8



2 comments:

  1. I meant to ask... what are you supposed to be in that first picture? a coffee drinker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ale!! Thanks for the updates! So great to hear how you're doing and what's going on there!!

    That verse... psalm 27:8...AWESOME! I want to meditate on that this week.

    I LOVE that picture of your coffee cup and your journal. That just makes me think of you and your deep reflections on things and all the time you spend processing your thoughts with God. I LOVE IT! Kimber and I just talked about how we both desire to have that rhythm be more a part of our everyday lives! you can pray that for us. rest. and time to BE STILL and B with god!

    You're great ale! :) love you

    and... Jeni's baby shower??!?!?!? woo did you go to that?

    ReplyDelete