Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I chose you...

June is an interesting time for Young Life International schools.  Our kids are taking finals and wrapping up the school year and our seniors graduate.  Then literally the next day there's a mass exodus of the international community.  Majority of our families leave the country to visit family in other countries or our students go to universities to take classes over the summer.  This month I've spent being reminded that Jesus tells us "I chose you..  I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit..." John 15:16.  So I've spent many hours evaluating, brainstorming, researching, and interviewing our students to learn better ways to produce lasting fruit in this odd, but special international community.  Please pray with me in seeking God's vision for YL this next year and read to the bottom to catch a glimpse at what God's doing in San Jose right now.... 
As previously, mentioned I've started hanging out with the US ambassador's daughter, Mere, you may remember the hair dying adventure with her. :) I've really enjoyed getting to know her and hearing more about her very different but very normal teenage life.  At the beginning of the month, I was invited to a national soccer playoff game  for the World Cup with their family.  What a blessing, but what a disaster at the same time!! I was invited very last minute and with the traffic I had to go to the game with the ambassador salty, sandy, and dirty.  Then the power went out mid-way through the game, which provided more time for conversation with Mere, so I was thankful.  Then I embarrassed myself by losing my house keys to end the night just perfectly! Mere is a beautiful young lady seeking attention in any way possible and just wants to be loved.  I am enjoying our special dates together to show her real love.  Please pray for wisdom and courage in how to share more of Christ with Mere.  



"As we go on we remember all the good times we had together as our lives change...."  
Country Day graduation!! Hugs and tears filled the room.  It was so neat to be able to congratulate all my AP art students that I barely know, but sensed a hope in what next year's graduation will look like after being in the art room with the seniors all year and not just a month.  



Ms. Moya, the art teacher and I 

Celebrating with Tori one of my campaigner, bible study girls
 Splish Splashing into summa' time!!  Celebrated the end of stress.... finals... physics... and talked about fun travel plans to come with our students on the last day of school!! 
with 2 of my campaigner, bible study girls, Tamasha and Lindsey
Please pray for Lindsey as she is finishing up her time at Trail West Young Life camp serving for a month!! 


Playing in the pool with the boys
 New and old friends on the hiking trail!! This summer I will be working in a Vida Joven community helping their leadership and working with a work team from the States.  But in June, I was able to go on a leader team building hike with the Grana leaders and really get to know them.  We spent the day sharing embarrassing stories, pet peeves, and our life stories.  I am excited to be able to serve in this community that won my heart 3 years ago.  I served there during my internship and fell in love with the people and culture.  My heart broke for these students, so I am excited to be able to be back there loving tico kids.  Please pray for Grana and the leadership.  Pray that I would be used however God would wish.  



YL International team over Escazu!! 
HUGE HUGS!!!! A little over a week ago I was greeted with big big hugs and love from Mom and Pat.  We were able to see more of the country and really catch up on real life.  We spent more time in the city this time so they could stay at my new house and enjoy walking the streets that I walk everyday.  Also, I took them on the 3 crosses hike and boy were they surprised!! What a fun adventure!!  

YL and Vida Joven leaders celebrating Sharon's birthday!! Sharon and Pan (on right) are the Grana leadership that I will be working alongside this month!! Please pray them as they are going through some difficult times. 
 Daily gifts.... still amazed everyday by the grace and love of Christ!  Here's just 2 of yesterday's gifts at the end of the day.... 

Meet Machi my new buddy... (she's beside me now) 


"You didn't choose me. I chose you.  I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit...." John 15:16 

No comments:

Post a Comment