I experienced this in a HUGE way Friday, February 4th. Friday afternoon I set out on a drive to South Carolina for it to be quickly diverted after about the first 30 minutes driving.
I was traveling east on I-40 minding my own business just listening to some tunes and looked in my rearview mirror to the horror of a gold PT Cruiser looking vehicle flying straight towards me and that second I was nailed from behind. I remember thinking “Oh No I’m going into the median.” I busted through about 20 feet of guardrail cables spun around and slid about 30 feet. Then ended up back on the highway spinning around and around and Praise God I looked up to see the other vehicle, now in front of me that I’m about to hit again. So I thought to myself, “I have to brake or this is never going to end…” I punched on the brakes to stop my car right before it went off the opposite shoulder again.
Upon stopping I was able to get out of my car and walk around fine. The other girl was not in good shape and had to be taken away in an ambulance. My car was crunched up in the back and right side. The front was also ripped off from hitting the guardrails. It was a very traumatic day that I will never forget. I just continued thanking God over and over again that I was safe. Right before I left my mom prayed that God would keep me safe and upon hearing about my wreck became angry with God saying “Why didn’t you protect her….” And quickly realized that He did!!
All of this to say God is in the midst of the hurricanes, storms, and crashes of life. I was spinning and sliding for at least 60 feet down the interstate continuously hitting other objects traveling at about 70-80 mph and I miraculously walked away from the accident. I don’t have any bruises or cuts, just a good case of whip lash.
During the sermon at church yesterday the minister said one line that stuck with me. He said, “God shakes us up sometimes to show us how much He loves us and He’s got us!” This past Friday I learned what that truly looks like. I want to encourage you to know that God’s got you. He is so faithful and is always in our midst even if it doesn’t feel like it at the time. What I read Friday morning, “ My heart is confident in you, O God; … For your unfailing love is higher than the heavens. Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds” Psalm 108:1& 4
O Love that will not let me go
I rest my weary soul in thee
I give thee back the life I owe
That in thine oceans depths it flow
My richer fuller be
O light that foll’west all my way,I yield my flick’ring torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.
O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.
O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.
-George Mattheson 1882
Thank you for all your prayers and love!

Praise the Jesus! Wow, girl. Jesus strength indeed!
ReplyDeleteYes ma'am!! He's a strong one...
ReplyDelete