It's been a little bit since Thanksgiving, but I thought I would still post my reflections during this time. On Thanksgiving day I made a shorter list of the things I am thankful for and thought I would share...
"God I'm so thankful
to live freely in your love and freely in the US
for our troops that fight for that freedom
for a loving supportive family
being raised to know you
your love and sacrifice
for wonderful friends
for opportunities to study and see the world
Your beautiful creation
for a house, food, water, medicine, electricity and transportation
Joy Love and Peace"
As I continue in the process of raising support I am continually blown away by God's faithfulness!! During the past few weeks I have reached 60% of my annual budget! I am so thankful for God's provision and people's open hearts to this ministry. Eventhough, its been a tough process I am so thankful to be going through it to stretch my heart and faith. I am also extremely thankful to be able to be at home spending time with my family before I move.
Going into the holidays I've been reflecting on the fact that I don't know that I will be here to share family gatherings the next few years... I was a little down knowing that Thanksgiving was different this year.... because my great aunt, who normally hosts a big Thanksgiving meal on my Dad's side, had emergency open heart surgery in October so we were unable to see that side of the family. But instead we just had a meal at Dad's with my brothers and step mom's sister and greandmother. It was neat to have a small get together with just my immediate family.
My mom's side of the family was a special time as well. We ate a meal together, but my favorite part was simply just being together. Eventhough, we all live in the same city all year... we rarely take the time to spend time together. We at at my grandmother's and after dinner we just sat around visiting while my uncle strummed the guitar in the background. I think it was a wonderful time just to be together. 


No comments:
Post a Comment